- Are Black and White children the same?
- Is the Black child merely a White child who happens to be "painted" black?
- Are there any significant differences in the mental and physical growth and development of Black and White children?
- What effects do race awareness have on the mental and personality development of Black children?
- Is the use of Black English a sign of mental inferiority?
- Why do Black children generally score lower than White children on IQ tests?
- Do Black parents socialize their children to be inferior to White children?
- Why have integrated schools failed so many Black children?
- Is growing up within an alienating Eurocentric mythological-cultural envelope as relentlessly projected through video games, books, radio, TV and film, hazardous to the mental health of
- Black children?
- Will White America or will Black America save Black children?
If you have been looking for a single source which deals with these and related controversial questions from a black perspective, then this is the book for you. Between its covers, The Developmental Psychology of the Black Child, first of a series dealing with the growth, development, and education of the Black child, the first book that deals exclusively with the physical and psycho-social development of the Black child in a scholarly but readily understandable way, forthrightly confronts these and other issues. This seminal and thought-provoking book goes beyond other such attempts of this type in a variety of ways: (1) It presents many little-known facts and surprising details about the development of the Black child. (2) It presents an honest, poignant, spirited and in-depth description of the world of the Black child from conception to school age. (3) It explores, in a unique way, the world of the black parent. (4) It tenaciously pursues the implications of the issues it deals with and makes positive recommendations for evaluating them.
Softcover | $16.00
Published by Afrikan World InfoSystems
The Developmental Psychology of the Black Child
2014 | 320 Pages | 5.5 x 8.5 | 9781879164132